Naval Ravikant (@naval) is the CEO and co-founder of AngelList. He’s invested in more than 100 companies, including Uber, Twitter, Yammer, and many others.
Don’t worry, we’re not going to talk about early stage investing. Naval’s an incredibly deep thinker who challenges the status quo on so many things.
In this wide-ranging interview, we talk about reading, habits, decision-making, mental models, and life.
Just a heads up, this is the longest podcast I’ve ever done. While it felt like only thirty minutes, our conversation lasted over two hours!
If you’re like me, you’re going to take a lot of notes so grab a pen and paper. I left some white space on the transcript below in case you want to take notes in the margin.
Enjoy this amazing conversation.
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Stream by clicking here.
- Libsyn RSS
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
- Seven Brief Lessons On Physics
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
- The Book of Life
- René Girard's Mimetic Theory
- Tools of Titans
- Stories of Your Life and Others
- Thermoinfocomplexity: A New Theory: Origin of Life and Evolution of Complex Adaptive Systems
- Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade
- The Lessons of History
- The Story of Philosophy
- God's Debris: A Thought Experiment
- The Undercover Economist
- Feynman, Perfectly Reasonable Deviations
- Genius: The Life and Science of Richard Feynman
- The Evolution of Everything
- The Three Body Problem
- Man's Search for Meaning
- Sex at Dawn: How We Mate, Why We Stray, and What It Means for Modern Relationships
- Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies
- The Art of Manipulation
- Thing Explainer
Normally only members of our learning community have access to transcripts, however, we wanted to make this one open to everyone. Here's the complete transcript of the interview with Naval. Want even more Naval? Here's a transcript of his first Periscope.
If you liked this, check out all the episodes of the knowledge project.